Kelly’s Bucket List: A Thirst for Adventure
As I write a lot during my travels, you might expect me to have a slow pace while visiting a country. That’s false: I’m the running type. That’s explained by the fact that I just started travelling for real since last year. I feel I’ve missed out on so many things so far, that I’ve got such a small amount of time to see the world, and so I try to see as much of it as possible. I stop to write, especially when I’m travelling alone and when I’m too tired to run, I force myself to stop and write. Because I’m the kind of traveler that never rests while abroad, I may plan days so full that I could visit a capital in a single day. That’s why my first stop in Belfast was so important, like the city understood my thirst, and its motto was, “You’ll sleep on your way back”. It became my motto on the road. But, I’m not pretending I’ve done lots of amazing things, even if some of them were quite special. There are plenty of things I’m looking forward to do, as soon as possible.
Things I have done:
- Went on Erasmus. Took the opportunity to change my life.
- Backpack through Ireland. (A 7kg backpack, almost every day).
- Cross the Connemara on a rainy day.
- Shop at Camden Market, London.
- See the changing of the guard at Buckingham Palace.
- Sat on the Iron Throne in GOT’s Exhibition in Belfast.
- Found the Platform 9 3/4 in London, and took a picture there.
- Found Cassie’s Bench in Brandon Hill Park, Bristol.
- Wrote about life at Mermaid Quay, Cardiff.
- Shopped on the Champs Elysées, Paris.
- Climbed the 704 stairs of the Eiffel Tower.
- Followed the Atlantic way and visited Giant’s Causeway, Northern Ireland.
- Saw the sun rise in Dublin.
- Put a lock with my Mom and Sister on the Halfpenny Bridge, Dublin.
- Arrived at Lisbon Airport at Christmas after 3 months abroad and alone.
- Ate a “Pastel de Belem” in front of the Belem Tower in Lisbon.
- Went to the ECHR Court twice in Strasbourg.
- Celebrated Halloween and St Patrick’s Day in Ireland.
- Took a selfie in front of the Free Derry Wall.
- Waited 2 hours in the cold to get access to the Catacombs in Paris, then got scared.
Now that I’ve wrote them all, it looks like nothing, but I’ve got bigger plans for the future.
- Get a passport. (What a joke)
- Get a Tattoo in Dublin for New Year’s Eve.
- Eat Sushi in Japan during spring time.
- Read/Write a book in Central Park.
- Road Trip across the USA.
- Fall in love with life in Rome.
- Go back to Barcelona.
- Visit Amsterdam with Marie.
- Chase the Northern Lights.
- Have a Vodka shot in Russia.
- Skydive abroad.
- Study in Montreal.
- Road trip across Portugal.
- Take a selfie at the Niagara Falls.
- Set foot in Iceland.
- Visit Dracula’s Castle in Transylvania.
- Walk the Great Wall of China.
- Be amazed by Istanbul.
- Visit the Taj Mahal.
- Go to Seville.
- Take my Mom to the Rio de Janeiro Carnival.
- Set foot on Easter Island.
- Get close to a volcano.
- Visit Pompeii.
- Party in New Orleans.
- Go to Alaska.
- Spend a day and a night at Cinqueterre, Italy.
- Spend New Year’s Eve in Time Square.
- Be at a Color Festival in India.
- Spend Christmas in London and visit the Harry Potter Studio.
These are only a few of all the things on my real bucket list, which is huge and keeps growing every day. I’m a really curious person and I love to learn new things and set new goals. Having a bucket list is like having a list of dreams that are to be reached, the kind of dreams you need to be awake to reach. So wake up and go chase them, you’ll sleep on your way back! 😉